Nov 25, 2010

Rescue Me ch 14: What Lies Beneath


A/N: Here you go, my lovely readers another chapter of Rescue Me. A few of you have been asking for Creeper Compton so I give you his return chapter. I hope you enjoy what I've written, It's a bit hard to channel him at times and this was a challenge, but I hope it came out all right. Please leave your thoughts at the end. Thanks.

Just to remind everyone that this chapter picks up after Bill is caught in Sookie's hotel room. By the end of the chapter he will be caught up with the group of friends returning from their boat trip.

Warning: This chapter contains some crude language and disturbing events. Reader's discretion is advised. Please do not proceed if you are easily offended by violence.

Creeper Compton hugs go out to his biggest fan, my super beta Southernlady23. This chapter was difficult to write because I didn't want to kill you. LOL Enjoy your afterlife and I'm sorry I didn't get to send you off with a smile on your face. Please come back to beta my work from the other side. Hehe

Song to listen to this chapter: Breaking Benjamin - What Lies Beneath

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in this story. All recognizable characters belong to Charlaine Harris. Julie and Tootie are all MINE.

Chapter 14:
After his narrow escape at Sookie's hotel, Bill sped down the highway, constantly looking in his rear view mirror to make sure no cops were trailing him.

He drove around for awhile, finally deciding to grab something to eat before he returned to the hotel. Pulling into a Sonic Drive-In, he ordered and sat in his car, waiting for the carhop to deliver his food. Momentarily reminiscing about being in Sookie's room, he slid his hand into his pocket, and idly caressed the lace memento between his fingers that rested inside.

From his peripheral vision, he saw the carhop roller-skating toward his rental car, he pulled his hand out of his pocket and reached around for his wallet to pay the young girl. Setting his burger and drink in the center console, he started up the vehicle to make his way back to his hotel.

He parked and exited the vehicle with his dinner, stealing a backwards glance at the rental car behind him. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, thoughts of the meddling bell boy at Sookie's hotel crept up on him. Panic seized him, and he was filled with dread, wondering if he had truly made a clean getaway or not. He quickly composed himself and dismissed his fears, if the bell boy had gotten a good look at the car's license plate, there was a good chance he would be in jail by now.

Unlocking his room door, he looked around apprehensively before entering and locking the door behind him. Sitting at the small table close to the door, he finally let out a sigh of relief as he unpacked his burger and ate it in the dark, silent room.

I was so close. In her room, touching her things, and that fucking bell boy had to ruin my chances of entering her room later. Now she'll be cautious of everyone around her. How am I supposed to approach her now without her being suspicious? The only thing I have gained from this disastrous vacation is the little memento of my sweet Sookie. 

Taking a drink of his soda, he set it down before he reached into his pocket to pull the small lacey fabric from it. Caressing the fabric between his fingers, he closed his eyes and pictured Sookie wearing it for him. He lifted the lace to his face and took a lungful of her musky scent still lingering on the delicate cloth.

Sookie, this is but a small detour to your final destination to me. I can't believe you are making me wait so long. This is only making the hunt all the more alluring. Stalking my prey before I pounce is a game I'm familiar with. Soon, my sweet, soon you will be mine. I will never allow you to leave my side. Only death will free you from my grasp. 

With a sadistic smile playing on his lips, he disposed of the remnants of his quick dinner and removed his clothes to lay on his bed. He fell asleep clutching Sookie's panties in his hand and thoughts of all the delicious, torturous things he planned for her.

o~o~O~o~o

After waking up, ordering some breakfast and showering the next morning, he dressed to start his hunt again. Knowing he could not risk returning to Sookie's hotel, he made his way down to the nearby beach. Finding a spot not far from the lifeguard's post, he set down his towel and removed his shirt to appear as one of the sun worshippers already out enjoying the early morning rays.

He stretched back, enjoying the sun on his skin as he awaited Sookie and her friend's arrival, hoping that the incident from the day before had not run them off. He noticed the blonde female lifeguard that helped Sookie when she was drowning, climb the ramp leading to the lifeguard stand and cursed his luck that it was not the phony Casanova Sookie was so fond of.

Where the fuck was he? Bill wondered.

Sitting back on his hands, Bill regretted coming out without some type of sun block. His usually pasty complexion was quickly baking in the sun and making him look as red as a lobster.

"Oh, wow. You really should put something on before you burn," came a feminine voice from above him.
Bill covered his eyes to block the sun and was stunned by the woman addressing him. As he glanced quickly up at her, he noticed she had a slight resemblance to Sookie. They both had had long, blonde hair, but this new girl had a fuller face, smaller breasts, and was a foot taller than his Sookie. Still, the similarities were there and he couldn't help but smile at the girl as her hair swept in the breeze above him.

Happy his luck had changed, he replied, "It seems that in my haste to get to the beach this morning, I overlooked packing some essentials."

"Lucky for you, I came along then. I think I still have some lotion in my bag."

"Would you be so kind as to help an older gentleman from being burnt by sharing your precious lotion?" Bill smirked sinisterly as he slid into his role of the unsuspecting predator.

The lady returned the smirk and retorted, "Sure. That is, as long as I can help you rub it on."

"I believe that would be sufficient payment for the use of your sun block," Bill winked at her causing her to giggle. "What's your name, darling?"

"Julie, but all my friends call me Jules. What about you, handsome stranger? You tell me your name and I'll let you call me whatever you want." Julie returned the wink.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm William, but you can call me Bill."

"Bill, huh? Do you mind if I call you Billy?" Jules asked while she rummaged through her beach bag in search of her sun block.

Bill gritted his teeth to hide his annoyance at the nickname she suggested. No one had ever considered calling him Billy before. When he was younger, he made sure the kids at military school knew to keep from taunting him by calling him silly childish names.

"I'd prefer it if you did not."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Bill is fine with me."

"Thank you."

"So what brings you to South Padre for spring break, Bill? Business or pleasure?" Jules asked as she laid her towel next to Bill's, sat down and opened her sun block bottle.

"I needed a break from my mundane life and nothing is better than the ocean breeze. I'm feeling rejuvenated already. If I find a bit of pleasure while here, then it'll be all worth it."

"True, the ocean is so refreshing. Maybe we can find something pleasurable together?" Jules arched a brow playfully at him.

Bill chuckled. "Indeed. What about yourself? Are you visiting or are you a local?"

"I live here, I rent a beach house not too far from here. I decided to take a small stroll when I came upon you roasting in the sun. Good thing I stopped when I did, or you'd be in pain later tonight," she repeated.

Bill nodded to Jules, annoyed at her fishing for a compliment for a second time. What a needy bitch, he thought, still not giving her any thanks as he glanced at the lifeguard stand and the area close to it. Although Jules was a welcomed distraction, nothing would make him lose sight of what he was doing here.

Where is she? I'll make that bell boy pay for his interfering if he scared Sookie off. 

"Bill?"

"Hm? Oh, I'm sorry, What were you saying?"

"I asked if you were ready for me to rub you down."

"Ah, yes…that would be great." Bill smiled tightly to hide his irritation and hoped that Sookie had not left the hotel.

He sat quietly, acting as if he was listening, while Julie continued to talk his ear off about her life. He wasn't interested in learning anything about her, but he needed something to make him look less suspicious as he was waiting patiently for any sign of Sookie.

He looked to the lifeguard stand and saw the blonde on her cell phone while she was walking down the ramp. She turned to walk in his direction and as she neared he could hear her side of the conversation.

"Hadley, you can't be serious. Sookie's screams of ecstasy woke you up?" Pam laughed as she stopped to continue her conversation. "I knew she wasn't the innocent girl she portrayed herself as. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for, right? Oh, I won't let Eric live this one down. When are you all heading back?"

Bill's body tensed and turned cold as he overheard what she just said. His Sookie and that pathetic lifeguard? It can't be true.

"Fine, I'll meet you all at the condo once you get back on dry land. I can't wait to get my hands on you, kitten. I'll have you purring and screaming all night. We'll put those two to shame." Pam laughed loudly and continued on her way to the Clubhouse.

Bill gritted his teeth to hide the growl that was threatening to escape. Now he knew why Sookie and the lifeguard were a no show to the beach today.

"Bill? Are you okay?"

Bill continued to look out at the ocean and think of all the things Sookie could be doing with that Eric.
"Earth to Bill. Anyone home over there?"

Trying to soften his features as to not alarm Julie he said, "I apologize. I was just thinking about something and got a bit carried away. Please, continue what you were saying." Bill looked to the side of him where Julie sat.

"Geez, Bill. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you weren't interested in me with all the daydreaming you were doing today. What's on your mind? Would you like to talk about it?"

"I'd rather not."

Standing up and brushing the sand from his shorts, he grabbed his shirt to pull it on."As nice as this has been, I must be heading off. It was nice to meet you, Julie."

"Are you sure? It wasn't something I said, was it? I was hoping we could hang out a bit more and…" Julie cleared her throat as she looked up at Bill. "Get to know each other better?"

Bill tried hard to reign in his temper. Julie seemed nice enough, but she was keeping him from following the female lifeguard.

"No, there was nothing you said that offended me…I just have another matter that I need to attend to first. Would you mind getting together later this evening?"

"That sounds great. Here, let me give you my number. You can give me a call and we can meet up or you can come by my place?" Julie dug into her big bag for a piece of paper and pen. After locating it and writing down her information she held it out to him.

Bill was looking at the lifeguard station, hoping that he'd get to his car before the lifeguard left. He felt Julie touch his hand and looked to see she was trying to hand him a piece of paper.

"Thanks. I'll be sure to give you a call."

"I look forward to it. Bye, Bill."

Bill tried to force a smile at her as he grabbed his towel. "Until later, Julie."

He turned to leave without a second glance in Julie's direction. He had to follow the lifeguard and see where Sookie was staying. This was his only chance at finding out where she was staying at now. Finally reaching his car, he saw the blonde as she walked out of the lifeguard station and get in a dark blue Saab.
He started his car and pulled out of the parking lot behind her. He tried to keep his distance, but kept her in his visual as he followed her. It wasn't a long drive and soon he saw her turn into a driveway. He drove past it slowly and parked a few houses away. He didn't want to be seen or risk her noticing that she had been followed. Sitting in the parked car, he noted the street name and address. Now it was a waiting game. Lowering his seat and adjusting his mirrors, he sat back to wait for their return.

Darkness crept up and he was starting to doze off as the glare of headlights lit his mirrors and hit his face. Opening his eyes, he saw the SUV turn into the same driveway and park. Keeping a watch on the doors, he saw the passenger door open and long slender legs slide out to stand on the ground. Looking up, he saw the object of his obsession close the door and walk to the rear of the vehicle. The back door opened and her cousin slid out and grabbed some bags from the back seat. Sookie's cousin closed the door and headed to the front door.

Sookie waited at the rear as Bill saw Eric approach from the opposite end to meet her. Eric gathered Sookie into his arms and pressed her into the back of the SUV as he pressed them together from lips to hips. Anger boiled into Bill as he saw Sookie throw her arms around Eric's neck and pull him tighter into her.

They pulled apart and Sookie turned as Eric unlocked and lifted the rear door to unload more bags. Sookie leaned further inside to grab something that must have fallen deeper into the cargo area and Eric playfully slapped her ass before groping it. Bill growled out loud as Sookie jumped at the contact and laughed loudly before hitting Eric on his chest.

Bill continued to watch as they got their bags and entered the condo. When the front door shut, Bill started the car and slammed on the gas as he sped off in rage. He was infuriated by Sookie's actions.

How could she allow him to put his hands on what is mine? I will make her pay dearly for her actions. You will beg me to end your life when I'm done with you, Sookie. 

Trying to gain some composure, he thought of Julie.

Julie, yes, I can't get to you tonight, Sookie… but Julie will work as a great consolation and something to channel this anger into. Julie will be the perfect substitute. 

Slowly he turned into his hotel and entered his room with a new purpose for the night. Throwing his clothes off, he headed for the shower.

Half an hour later, he was changed and ready to meet her. Grabbing his cell, he dialed her number and got her address. It was too late to meet anywhere else but she was more than happy to have him stop by for a late night cap.

He pulled into Julie's driveway and turned off the car. Reaching into his glove department he removed the bottle of Rohypnol and uncapped it to pour a few into his palm, thinking he needed to be prepared. Recapping the bottle and replacing it into the glove compartment, he shut it and exited the car.

Walking up to her door, he paused before knocking. Less than a minute later, it was opened to show Julie standing there in a long - almost virginal – white, flowing dress. For a moment, he saw Sookie standing before him, opening the door to greet him.

"Sookie," Bill breathed out in a whisper.

"Excuse me?"

"Ah… nothing, nothing at all. You look divine this evening."

"Why thank you, Bill, thanks so much for coming. Please, come in and make yourself at home." Julie swept her arm aside to allow him entrance.

"Thank you for inviting me, Julie. Your home is quiet lovely," he said as he entered her home and looked around. He wanted to assume his unsuspecting persona to get her to trust him a while longer.

"Thank you, you are so kind. Have a seat and I'll grab us something to drink. Is wine fine?"

"Yes, that would be great. Thanks."

"I'll be right back with two glasses then."

"Take your time."

Bill sat down on her sofa and rubbed away the weariness from his eyes. He'd been going full steam with little sleep for the last few days and it seemed to be catching up with him. He heard Julie's sandaled footsteps get louder as she approached him. Looking up with a false smile, he reached for the wine glass she offered him.

"Thank you."

"Oh! I have some snacks for us as well. Just a moment," Julie said as she set her glass down and turned to leave.

This was the distraction Bill needed. He wasn't up for banter with Julie for the rest of the night and the pills in his pocket would guarantee the girl would keep her mouth shut while he took what he wanted from her. Reaching into his pocket, he removed two pills, set them on the table, crushed them with the bottom of his wine glass then swept them from the table into his palm to pour into her wine. He lifted her glass to give it a swirl to help hide the taste of the pills in her drink. Just as he set her glass down, she walked in with a small platter.

"Here we go. Just a bit of paté and crackers. I would offer you something more but it seems I need to head to the store soon." she set the platter on the coffee table and sat down beside Bill.

"This is perfect. I'm not very hungry at the moment."

Lifting her glass she held it out for a toast. "A toast, to new friendships and getting to know each other better."

Bill lifted his glass to clink it against hers and smiled before taking a sip of his wine. His smile spread more as he saw the furrow of Julie's brow at the taste of the wine.

"Wow. That has a bit of a kick to it." She frowned, but took another larger sip.

"It's delicious. Just what I needed to end this day with."

"It wasn't too bad, was it? I mean you did meet me after all." Julie smiled and drank more of her wine.

"No, I believe this will be the highlight of my night."

Julie smiled and crossed her leg to run her foot up his pant leg. "I do believe you are right about that."

Bill smiled and waited for the drugs to kick in. Sipping his wine, he turned to look around her place a bit more. It was a small home, most likely a one bedroom. He hoped she lived alone or he may have company soon.

"This is a great place you have here, Julie. Do you stay here by yourself?"

"Yes, it's just me and my cat of course. He's around here somewhere. He doesn't like strangers, so he's probably hiding." She was already starting to slur her words a bit.

"That's nice. Cat's are such great companion animals."

"Do you have any animals, Bill?"

"No, I do not."

"That's a shame. I love my Tootie. He's a great snuggler. What about you? Are you a snuggler?" Julie asked as she leaned closer to him and ran a finger across the lapels of his suit jacket.

"I can't say that I am. I'm used to sleeping alone."

"Well, we'll just have to change that won't we?" Julie slurred more and slid her hand inside his jacket to stroke his chest.

Bill tensed up, but allowed Julie to touch him. In his mind, he tried to imagine it was Sookie who was touching him and he relaxed a bit more. When Julie pushed up to whisper in his ear, the stench of the wine and the difference of tone in her voice shattered his illusion.

"Bill…" she whispered before laying her head against his chest and passed out.

Thank God. I was starting to think I didn't use enough on her.

Sliding free of Julie's hold, he laid her head down on the cushion he had been seated on. Grabbing the wine glasses, he walked into the kitchen to rinse and wash them. Wiping them with a cloth to remove him finger prints, he found the cabinet she kept them in and placed them back in their designated spot.

Returning to the living room, he grabbed the platter with the towel and moved back to the kitchen to place it into the refrigerator. Looking out into the living room, he didn't see anything else that he left behind or touched. Walking over to the sofa, he slid his arms under Julie's neck and knees to lift her. Turning around, he walked to a door to the side of the kitchen. He hoped it was her bedroom, and using the towel to turn the knob, he pushed it open with his shoe. Relief flooded him as he had indeed found her bedroom.

He threw Julie on the bed and his heart stopped as she groaned and turned over. When she didn't wake up, he looked around for things he could use. While rummaging in her drawers, he thought of Sookie and what she was up to today. Growing outraged by the different scenarios playing in his head, he pulled what he wanted free from the drawer. Turning with an evil smirk on his face, he approached Julie.

Once he had her where he wanted her, he threw his jacket on the small chaise lounge in the corner. Sliding his tie free from his neck he removed it with a snap and sat on the chaise to wait for Julie to awaken.
An hour later Julie groaned and tried to move on the bed. She felt like she had a hang over and tried to open her eyes but was having a hard time. She attempted to rub her eyes to help open them when she felt her arms being restrained.

What… the… fuck? What's going on? Where am I? 

Her heart thumped in her chest and adrenaline coursed through her body, as she threw her lids open and strained to see in the darkness.

"So nice of you to finally join me,"

"Who's there? What do you want?"

"Don't you recognize the voice of your love?"

"My love? What are you talking about?"

She tried to remember what was going on before she awoke in this predicament.

"Bill? Is that you? Why do you have me tied up? What are you, some type of pervert?"

"Tsk, tsk. I would not have you calling me names and disrespecting me anymore, Sookie. You have made a fool out of me one too many times already."

Julie's blood turned cold as she heard the distant coldness of his voice as he addressed her as Sookie.

"S..Sookie? What are you talking about, Bill? My name is Julie. You met me at the beach today, remember?"

"Don't try to play these games with me, Sookie. I know who you are and what you've been doing while you've been here. Flaunting your body like a common whore,, touching that filthy lifeguard with the hands that are meant for my body only. You belong to me, Sookie, and I will not allow him to defile what is rightfully mine.."

"Bill, please listen to me…I'm not this Sookie you keep talking about. Look at me, I'm Julie. Please stop this and let me go. I won't call the cops, I won't tell anyone about this, just please let me go."

"I can't do that, Sookie. I've been waiting for you to come to me willingly and now that I have you, I'm not letting you go. You have to pay for your actions. You have to pay for the disrespect. You have to pay for pushing my affections aside all the while you throw yourself at the first man who shows you attention here."
"I'm not Sookie! Stop this! Stop this right now!"

"You will not raise your voice to me, Sookie! I'm in charge here and I make the rules." Getting up from the chair, he strode towards Julie and looked down at her with a cold, dead stare.

Julie gasped and tears started to fall from the corners of her eyes as she trembled in fear. She should have never invited him into her home. Why had she trusted a stranger whom she knew nothing about? She had been way too trusting and this was going to be a lesson she was going to learn the hard way.

"Please…please don't hurt me. Bill, I'm sorry…I'm sorry for disrespecting you. I'll never do it again, just please don't hurt me."

"It's too late, Sookie. Your words won't sway my decision. You've allowed him into your body, to touch what is mine. How can I trust you won't do that again? How can I touch you and not see his hands on you? No, this is the only way."

"No...please, no. Don't do this, Bill. I love you and only you. There is no other and will be no other."

"Save your breath, Sookie. Stop your pleading, there is no way to change my mind."

Julie began to shake as the tears and sobs racked through her body. She looked up to Bill to plead with her eyes for him to let her go and saw his sick, twisted smile as he watched her cry in vain.

Bill sat on the bed beside Julie and stroked her hair in a false comforting manner. He reached into his pocket with his other hand and removed his tie. Lifting Julie's head he slipped it around her head and set it back onto the pillows with her hair fanned across it.

"You fucking, bastard! I'm not your fucking bitch Sookie. No wonder she doesn't want you, you're a psycho. Who would want your sick ass?"

Shaking her head and gasping between her sobs, she took a deep breath as she prepared herself to scream out in a last Hail Mary attempt to get someone to save her.

As if he knew what she was about to do, Bill grabbed the ends of the tie and twisted it to cut off the scream in her throat. She struggled against the binds her hands and feet were in and looked up at one only to see one of her favorite silk scarves hindering her escape. She tugged against them and tried in vain to get free. She felt her face turn hot and knew her last breath would run out soon.

Turning back to Bill, she shook her head and looked at him while her tears fell down her face. She let go of the breath she held and mouthed the word 'please'.

"I loved you, Sookie. Farewell, my love."

Bill looked on as Julie's eyes opened wide and the life drained from them. He gave a final tug before sliding the tie free from her bruised neck. Sitting beside her, he enjoyed the look of death on her face for awhile.
With one last look, he stood up from the bed and walked to the chaise to grab his suit jacket. He folded it over his arm and started to walk out. When he was about to reach the bedroom door, he tripped over something and fell to the floor.

Turning over on his hands and feet, he looked up into a pair of glowing yellow eyes. A loud hiss assaulted Bill's ears and a sharp sting burned his face as Julie's cat appeared under the bed and fiercely swiped at his face with it's sharp claws.

"Fucking cat!" Bill lifted a hand to his face and felt blood trickle down from his cheek.

He rose to his feet, and stomped on the floor to scare the cat deeper under the bed. He bent down to pick up his jacket from the floor and walked out, leaving Julie's body tied to her bed.

A/N: So Tootie got Bill back for killing his master. LOL Gotta love cats. Please review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fangtasies Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Blogger Template © 2009