Jul 17, 2010

The Space Between


Song to listen to this chapter:
The Space Between by The Dave Matthews Band

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Charlaine Harris. I just like to have them wake up in strange bedrooms. I do not own the song in this chapter.

Chapter Seven:

The sunlight was pouring through Sookie's eyelids as she groaned and tried to rollover. When nothing happened she lifted her arms to rub the sleep from her eyes. She slowly lifted her head and cracked her lids to see what was holding her down. All she saw was a muscular arm wrapped around her waist. She turned her head slightly to the side to see who the arm belonged to and saw a blonde mane of short hair.

'Oh God who is that?' Sookie thought.

She was mortified as she tried to remove the arm of the stranger but he groaned and tightened his hold on her waist, pulling her closer to him. She waited a few more minutes blinking her eyes trying to focus and taking in the room.

'Where the hell am I? The last thing I remember was dancing. Wait! I was dancing with...Eric. Oh please tell me I didn't go home with Eric.' She tried to remember last night but everything was so hazy in her mind.

Sookie slowly lifted the arm and untangled herself from its grasp while she slowly slid off the bed. She hit the floor with a soft thump then crawled to the bathroom. When she reached the bathroom she stood up slowly and peeked at the man on the bed. Sookie saw it was Eric then quietly shut the door.

'Why can't I remember anything? Where the hell is Amelia and Hadley? Why didn't they stop me from leaving with Eric. Eric...what happened between us?' All the thoughts ran through her head so fast it made Sookie dizzy.

She sat down on the toilet seat until her bladder let her know it needed to be emptied. After taking care of that problem she walked to the sink and threw some water on her face. She stared her reflection in the mirror and checked her body for any tale tell signs that she engaged in any sexual activity that she could not remember. Thankfully she nothing was out of the ordinary.

'Maybe I can slip out of here before he wakes up?' Sookie silently prayed.

She opened the door slowly and reluctantly reentered the bedroom. When she opened the door fully she saw Eric sitting up in the bed against the headboard looking in her direction. She knew that sneaking out wasn't going to happen.

He was in a black tank that displayed his pecs perfectly for her viewing pleasure. She could only stare at him with her mouth agape. As her gaze lifted to his face she noticed he had a hickey on the side of his neck.

'Oh please tell me I didn't do that.' Sookie cringed.

"Well good morning sweetheart." Eric smiled smugly at her.

"Don't call me sweetheart. I'm not your sweet heart. What the hell happened last night?" Sookie hissed at him.

"Relax. Nothing happened...well not that you didn't try." Eric chuckled and slid to sit at the foot of the bed.

"What? What do you mean I tried? I did no such thing! Is that how you get women into your bed? Wait until their drunk? Where are my shoes?" Sookie squawked at him as she looked around the floor.

"No I don't bring drunk women to my home or into my bed. I believe your shoes are on the floor by the bed." Eric nodded in the direction of her shoes.

Sookie bent down to grab her shoes, which had slid under his bed, then quickly made her way out of his room. She didn't have her purse so she had no idea how she was going to get back to the hotel but she'd walk if she had to. Eric jumped from the bed then reached out to grab Sookie by the waist and pulled her into his chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" Eric whispered into her ear.

Sookie shivered from his hold on her waist then tried to get free. "Let me go! I don't plan on staying here any longer with you, you cocky bastard."

Eric continued to hold her then told her calmly: "Look, I'm not going to hold you here, your free to go but I'd think you'd appreciate an explanation before you ran off. Hadley is probably still asleep so perhaps you can wait till she awakens then we can return you both to your hotel?"

"Hadley's here?" Sookie questioned calming down now that she knew she was not alone in Eric's home.

"Yes. How about some breakfast? I'll explain everything in the kitchen." He released her then walked out without a response from her.

Sookie stomped her foot and followed him. She told herself it was because she was hungry and not because he wanted her to. She needed an explanation anyways. Yes that's it.

Eric was in the kitchen tying a apron around his waist that said 'Excuse me while I whip this out.'

Sookie snickered then straightened her face before he saw her reaction to his apron. She smelled coffee and was glad that he remembered that she liked coffee in the morning.

Eric placed a skillet on the stove top then he turned on the heat. He opened the fridge to grab some eggs, green peppers, tomato, onion, deli ham, salsa, milk, shredded cheese and olives. He placed them all on the counter then turned to add olive oil to the skillet. Next he chopped up the ham, green peppers. onion, olives and tomato. Then mixed the ingredients up in a bowl and placed it close to the skillet. He turned to crack some eggs into a bowl with a teaspoon of milk, salt and pepper and whipped them.

Sookie sat at one of the kitchen stools at the bar as she watched Eric whip the eggs. She could only stare as his fine ass wiggled with each whip he beat in those eggs. The way the lounge pants he sported were hanging low on his hips made her lick her lips. When he stopped she wanted to cry out for him to continue.

He poured half of the whipped eggs into the skillet then stirred and covered the skillet with a lid. Sookie was amazed that he was so comfortable in the kitchen. Eric lifted the top off the skillet then tilted it and flipped the omelet. He spooned some of his chopped mix on top of the omelet along with the shredded cheese and salsa. He flipped half of the omelet over the ingredients then covered it again. He reached up into his cupboard and removed two mugs and two plates and set them on the counter. He returned to the skillet and removed the lid then turned to slide the omelet onto a plate. He placed the skillet back on the stove then filled the mugs with coffee for Sookie and himself. He smiled as he handed her the plate and coffee.

"Peace offering?" Eric grinned at her.

"Thank you." Sookie accepted both with a tight smile.

Eric nodded then turned back to start his own omelet. Sookie stared at her fluffy omelet in amazement.

'How in the hell did he get this so fluffy?' Sookie thought to herself.

She looked around for silverware and looked up as Eric cleared his throat. She noticed he was handing her a fork. She smiled and reached for it. Eric placed the creamer and sugar on the bar then turned back to remove his omelet from the pan and slide it onto his plate. He set the skillet and bowls into the sink to clean later then grabbed his plate and mug to join Sookie at the bar.

Sookie picked up her fork and cut into her omelet. She slowly lifted it to her mouth and moaned as it hit her tongue. It was heavenly. Her moan caused Eric's lounge pants to tent and he had to shift in his seat to keep from making her uncomfortable.

"This is delicious. How did you get the eggs so fluffy?" Sookie asked while she lifted more into her mouth and moaned again.

"Thanks. The trick is to cover the eggs while they cook." Eric smiled at her and started to eat his omelet.

"I'll have to remember that next time I cook omelets." Sookie said as she tried to make nice talk.

They continued to eat the breakfast and sip their coffees in a comfortable silence. When Eric rose to grab the empty dishes Sookie shook her head at him.

"Allow me. You cooked after all. You can explain things while I clean up." Sookie offered with a smile.

Eric returned her smile as he sat back down. He watched as Sookie rinsed the dishes and placed them into the dishwasher then turned it on.

"You don't remember anything from last night?" Eric asked cautiously.

"I remember dancing but the night is all a bit fuzzy. Did we...did we dance together?" Sookie furrowed her brow in question.

"Yes." Eric grinned thinking of their dance the night before.

Eric rose from the stool and walked into the living room to sit on the sofa. Sookie followed and sat at the other end of the sofa.

"What happened after that?" Sookie looked at him with a puzzled look. "How did I end up here...in your bed...with you?" She whispered the last part.

"Well after our dancing you said you weren't feeling well. We walked to your table then I went to grab you a water from the bar. When I returned with your water you were gone with your friends. I sat at the table waiting but then your friend Amelia ran over to us and asked us to help you. Apparently you slumped down in the bathroom and she was concerned. When we entered the bathroom you were passed out in a chair. I helped you to her car but she was worried they wouldn't be able to get you to your room so Pam suggested you stay here." Eric explained.

"How did I get into your bed and where is Hadley?" Sookie asked as she looked around.

"Amelia helped you into bed. As for Hadley, she is bunking with Pam." Eric grinned widely at her.

Sookie shook her head. 'Leave it to Hadley to jump into bed with someone while I'm passed out in Eric's bed.'

"Why were you in bed with me?" Sookie arched a brow at him in question.

"Well I originally planned on crashing on the sofa but someone pulled me into bed with them." Eric looked at her with a playful smirk.

Sookie crossed her arms on her chest and scowled at him. "How did you get pulled into the bed if you were in the living room?"

"I went into my room to grab some sleep clothing then went into the bathroom to change. When I exited the bathroom you were tossing restlessly on the bed. I leaned over to comfort you and reassure you that everything was fine when you attacked me." Eric said in an amused tone.

"What do you mean I attacked you?" Sookie squeaked out.

Eric chuckled and replied: "Well you grabbed me and pulled me on top of you. Then you held me, kissed me, among other things and then passed out."

He didn't want to tell her she had begged him to sleep with her. Sookie looked down to his throat and blushed bright red then turned away. After a minute she turned back to him.

"I'm sorry, I'm never like that. I don't know what happened to me last night. I didn't think I drank that much." Sookie raised her hand to her head.

"That's what your friends said. Don't worry about it no harm no foul." Eric returned sweetly.

"Thank you for taking care of me and not take advantage of my actions. Any other man would have taken that as a chance to get into my panties." Sookie flushed pink again.

"Your welcome Sookie. I'm sorry again about my behavior from before. I think you know I find you attractive, and from the way you acted last night I think its safe to say you feel the same way." Eric arched a brow and smirked at her.

Sookie blushed more and nodded her head in agreement. At that moment she wanted to be anywhere but there.

"I only ask for a chance to prove that I'm a good guy. Maybe we can hang out, just have fun and let things go naturally? Whatever happens happens. If you'll allow it I'd like to spend as much time as I can with you while your in town. If we're just friends then we'll be just friends. I'd like more than that but I'll take what I can get with you. If anything you can always return home and forget all about me. " Eric said sincerely.

"I think I can give you that. You've more than proved that your capable of doing something other than try to get into my pants." Sookie smirked at him.

"That's good to hear. Well I have to work today so would you like a ride back to the hotel? Amelia should be there or you can wait here for Pam and Hadley to wake up." Eric asked as he rose from the sofa. "I'm heading into the shower just let me know what you want to do when I return."

Eric walked back into the room as Sookie stayed on the sofa. She couldn't believe her behavior from last night. She was seeing flashes of memories and it seemed to be exactly as Eric explained things to her. She groaned as she thought about kissing Eric and having held him on top of her. While she sat there in the quiet living room she heard a low moan come from down the hall. Her head snapped in that direction. Eric's room was across from the living room so she knew it wasn't him. The moan sounded feminine so it definitely wasn't Eric.

'There is no way I am sitting here and listening to them finish so I can return to the hotel.' Sookie thought.

Sookie plopped back onto the sofa and covered her head with a throw pillow. She tried to ignore the moans while she rested her eyes. She heard Eric open the bedroom door a bit later and turned her head to see him in his lifeguard outfit.

"So what's the verdict?" Eric asked her.

He heard a moan come from Pam's room and chuckled. Sookie sat up and pulled her shoes on.

"I think I'll be better off taking a ride from you." Sookie snickered.

"Oh that can be arranged." Eric winked at her.

"Don't make me take back what I said before Eric." Sookie snapped at him.

"I was only teasing you sweet Sookie. It seems that I have acquired a little souvenir from your fun last night." Eric laughed as he reached up to finger the hickey on his neck.

Sookie cheeks flushed pink then she stood and walked to the door.

"Too bad that's all your going to get from me." Sookie smirked then opened the door and walked out of the condo.

Eric bellowed out a deep laugh then grabbed his gym bag and keys to join her. Sookie loved the sound of his laugh. Eric exited the condo and walked over to the his corvette to open the door for Sookie.

"This is your car?" Sookie asked in shock.

"Yes maam. Your chariot awaits." Eric smiled at her.

Sookie sat down and liked that Eric was being such a gentleman. Maybe giving him a second chance wasn't going to be all that bad. Yes he was cocky but he was fun to tease. He opened the driver's door and set his bag in the back then climbed in and started the car.

They drove quietly for a few minutes. Occasionally looking at each other and smiling.

"Sookie I get off early today and I don't have to go into the club tonight. I was wondering if you'd like to spend some time with me?" Eric looked at her briefly before returning his gaze to the road.

"You haven't had enough of me yet?" Sookie asked teasingly.

"Not hardly. Like I said before I'd like to get to know you while your in town." Eric smirked at her.

Sookie smiled brightly at him and responded: "I'd like that Eric."

"Great! Well I'm off at three. How about I pick you up at your hotel at four? That will give me time to get some things ready." Eric beamed at her.

"That should be fine. Are you going to tell me where we're going so I know what to wear?" Sookie asked.

"It's a surprise but something casual should be fine. I'm sure you'll look great in whatever you choose." Eric winked at her.

Sookie smiled then nodded as she thought about what she should wear. She was attracted to Eric that was for sure and she was looking forward to seeing how things would go. They pulled up to her hotel and Eric parked and walked around to open the door for Sookie.

"I'll walk you to your room if you don't mind." Eric offered.

"That's fine." Sookie replied as she continued to smile at him.

When they arrived at her door she realized that she didn't have her key. She knocked and waited for Amelia to open the door.

"Thank you again for helping me last night." Sookie looked up into Eric's eyes.

'God his eyes are so beautiful.' She thought to herself.

"Your welcome again Sookie. I look forward to seeing you later." Eric said as he looked down at Sookie.

Eric leaned forward with the intention of kissing her on the cheek. Sookie saw Eric lean down and turned her head up slightly. He ended up landing his kiss on her lips instead of her cheek. He reached up to cup her cheek and lingered for a second. When he pulled back he allowed his fingers to run down her neck and was happy to see Sookie had her eyes closed. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked dazed.

"Until later sweet Sookie." Eric smirked and turned to leave.

Sookie was stunned by Eric's kiss and smiled lazily when he walked away. She watched him walk down the hall and leaned against the door. She heard the handle turn then felt the door being flung open. Sookie landed on her butt and looked up to see Amelia standing beside the door in her robe.

"Oh! I'm sorry Sookie. I didn't know who was at the door." Amelia laughed.

She reached down to help Sookie up. Sookie scowled at her as she stood up and rubbed her butt. "Thanks Amelia I think you broke my butt."

Amelia busted out laughing then closed the door. "Stop being so dramatic Sook. How are you feeling?"

"Oh you mean after waking up in bed with Eric?" Sookie scoffed at her.

"What? You slept with Eric?" Amelia clapped her hands and dragged Sookie to the sitting room to sit down.

"Oh we slept together all right just not in the way your dirty gutter brain is thinking." Sookie sneered out.

"Well tell me all the deets my friend." Amelia was practically bouncing in her seat.

"No, not until you tell me what the hell happened at the club." Sookie glared at her.

"You mean when you and Eric practically had sex on the dance floor?" Amelia said with an amused grin.

"Your kidding right?" Sookie asked with her mouth hanging open.

"Nope sorry honey. It was so hot I was surprised the sprinklers didn't turn on." Amelia snickered.

Sookie groaned and put her head in her hands. How could she do that out in public. What the hell was she drinking that had her acting like that?

"Ok now your turn tell me everything." Amelia prodded Sookie.

Sookie lifted her head and let out a huff. She told her about what happened the night before with her attacking Eric and this morning. Amelia was squealing and laughing at Sookie's predicament. Sookie heard a door behind her open and turned to see Tray exiting Amelia's room. He smiled sheepishly at the girls.

"I've got to go Amelia. I'm late for work and need to run home to change." Tray said as he walked over and gave Amelia a kiss goodbye.

"Bye Tray. I'll see you later right?" Amelia patted his ass as he walked away.

Tray turned to wink at her and replied: "You know it gorgeous."

Amelia smiled and turned to waggle her eyebrows at Sookie. Sookie tried to hold back her laughter as Tray walked out of the suite. As soon as the door closed they both busted out in laughter.

"Amelia! You and Hadley are such great people worrying about little ole me while getting your groove on." Sookie laughed.

"What? Hadley and Pam hooked up?" Amelia giggled out.

"If the moans coming from Pam's room this morning are any indication then I would say yes." Sookie shook her head and giggled.

"Well I knew there was nothing I could do while you slept off the alcohol. I figured it was fine for me to have a little fun." Amelia shrugged her shoulders.

Sookie sighed and rose from the sofa. "Anyways I'm going to take a nap. Eric wants to take me out this afternoon and I want to be well rested."

"Oh really?" Amelia grinned at Sookie.

"Yes, really. He was nice enough to take care of me and didn't make a move on me. Not that I didn't try apparently." Sookie chuckled.

"Well that's nice. I hope you both have fun. Do you know where your going?" Amelia asked her.

"No he wants it to be a surprise." Sookie smiled and walked to her room.

"Well go get some rest, Sleeping Beauty." Amelia snickered out.

Sookie stuck her tongue out at Amelia then closed her door. She grabbed some clothes from the dresser and walked into the bathroom to change. She'd take a shower when she woke up. She found her purse on her bedside table and set the alarm on her phone in case she didn't wake up in time. She laid down and was out instantly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fangtasies Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Blogger Template © 2009