Jul 17, 2010

Push


Song to listen to for this chapter: Push by Matchbox Twenty.

Disclaimer: All characters are the sole property of Charlaine Harris. I just like to take them to the beach, teach them bad pick up lines, and put them in the hospital.

Chapter three:

Tray attempted to control the crowd while Pam and Eric were trying to revive the half naked girl.

"Come on people give us room to work!" Tray shouted with his arms spread to the side, separating the crowd for Eric and Pam.

Amelia and Hadley sprinted toward the lifeguard as he pulled Sookie out of the water. 'OH My GOD! What the fuck was she THINKING!' Amelia screamed to herself as tears streamed down her cheeks. She tried to push past the lifeguard holding the crowd back, but he wasn't allowing her through.

"Let me in there, that's my friend!" Amelia shouted and pushed at him.

"I'm sorry but you need to let them do their job." Tray sympathized.

Amelia and Hadley just hugged each other, both crying as they watched the two lifeguards try to get Sookie breathing.

Amelia fell to her knees and looked to where Sookie's lifeless body lay. Hadley knelt beside her, mirroring her position, as she sobbed quietly.

Tray placed a hand on Amelia's shoulder and said: "Don't worry about your friend, she is in good hands and the paramedics are on the way."

Amelia looked up at the kind stranger, nodded and smiled: tears still in her eyes. She heard Sookie's gagging and sighed in relief. 'Thank God she's alive.'

After the oxygen mask was in place, Sookie began to shiver as her body was going into shock over her accidental drowning episode. As she looked into the face of her savior, she saw his eyes were admiring her chest so she glanced down. Sookie noticed her chest was as bare as the day she was born. Shear panic swept over her and she quickly moved to cover her chest with her arms.

"Are you alright? Miss..." Eric chuckled as Sookie attempted to cover herself.

Sookie glared at Eric because this appeared to amuse him. She narrowed her eyes, removed the oxygen mask, and replied angrily: "I'll be fine as long as you can keep your drool and eyes away from my breasts. Why didn't you act like a gentleman and cover me up?"

"Well they're such nice breasts, and I am sorry I was more concerned with your, NEED. TO. BREATH. rather than your modesty." Eric snapped.

"Do you always harass victims after you've rescued them?" Sookie sneered back.

"No, not all of them...only the pretty ones." Eric arched an eyebrow and replied with a smart ass tone. "In any event...I think you need to be taken to the hospital as a precaution."

"Oh no...I'll be fine, mister. I just need to rest." Sookie huffed.

"Yes...I can imagine attempting to drown to get my attention would be tiring. All you had to do is ask for my number." The side of Eric's lip turned up.

"I didn't try anything." Sookie lied. "Seriously? You have some nerve 'hitting on me' after I almost died!" She hissed while trying to sit up but laid back down because she was feeling dizzy.

Hadley looked up at Tray and said. "I'm her family. Can I go and check on her?"

Tray nodded his head and let her through. She approached Sookie slowly and lowered to her knees by Sookie's head; brushing some of her hair from her face. "Sookie, I'm so glad your alive. I don't know what I would've done if you'd have died."

Sookie looked up to Hadley her eyes softening and smiled. "It's ok Had, I'm fine now. I'm not going anywhere. Can you get me something to cover up please?"

She tried to sit up again to hug Hadley but Pam put an arm on her shoulder lightly pushing her to lay back down.

"Please lay down until the paramedics can examine you." Pam warned.

Hadley looked to Pam as she spoke to Sookie then looked back down to answer her. "Oh...yeah sure sweetie." She looked to the side and grabbed a nearby towel handing it to Sookie.

Tray turned his back to the crowd and watched the rescue; staying close to Amelia. He looked up as something caught his eye, it was rolling along the waves in the surf. He chuckled; he knew exactly what it was and who it belonged to. He ran and grabbed the article of clothing and then returned to the group.

Tray cleared his throat interrupting the heated looks Eric and Sookie were giving each other. "Miss..."

"The names Sookie, stop calling me Miss!" Sookie hissed at Tray trying to cover herself with the towel Hadley handed her.

He held up his hands and said, "Sorry Sookie. The paramedics have arrived and I believe this belongs to you."

Sookie looked up at the dark haired lifeguard and saw that he was holding her bikini top in his hand. Sookie thought...'Well, there's my damn bathing suit top' and reached up for it.

Tray saw her reach for the bikini top and said, "Here you go." He handed it to her quickly and backed away. He did not want to get his ass handed to him like she'd just done to Eric.

Amelia had moved to Hadley's side when Tray walked away. She and Hadley watched the heated exchange between Eric and Sookie and snickered. When the paramedics started working on Sookie, they begrudgingly moved slightly out of the way.

Amelia wiped her eyes and went to stand next to Tray. "Thanks for grabbing her bikini top big boy."

Tray grinned at her, leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Big boy huh? You ain't seen nothing yet darling and your welcome." He said the last part with sex in his voice.

Amelia returned his grin with one of her own.

Pam rolled her eyes at their exchange and stood up. "Now that the "Sookie" girl is breathing again lets let the paramedics do their job and get her to the hospital."

Hadley stepped towards Pam and asked: "Does she really have to be taken in? I'd hate for us to have to wait all night in a hospital when she appears to be fine."

Pam eyed the petite blonde's body, licked her lips and smirked, "Sorry but rules are rules. If you need company I'd be willing to hold your hand while you wait."

Hadley smiled widely at Pam and bat her eyelashes, "I may have to take you up on that." she replied sheepishly.

After the paramedics arrived to care for Sookie, Eric walked to the Clubhouse. He was frustrated with her attitude. 'What an ungrateful bitch.' he thought. He entered the Clubhouse, threw his rescue tube across the room and plopped down on the couch. He ran fingers threw his hair forcefully, cursed loudly and began to pace in the small room. How could this woman frustrate him and make him want her even more? After a few minutes, the door opened and Tray walked in. He grabbed a drink out of the fridge, sat on the couch and watched Eric continue to pace back and forth.

After a while, Eric stopped and shouted: "How is she?"

Tray, not being receptive to being yelled at, took a sip of his drink, leaned back on the couch and replied sternly: "Sookie's blood pressure is high and she's not maintaining her body temperature. She'll be at St. Mary's overnight for observation."

Eric let out a sigh of relief. Then he grinned like a cheshire cat and decided 'She's a feisty one but I'm up for the challenge.'

Tray interrupted his internal musing by saying, "I'm out. By the way...I think you were a little hard on her considering the circumstances." Eric nodded and looked down at his feet. Tray walked to his locker, grabbed his gym bag and left without another word. Eric grabbed his keys and walked out of the clubhouse. He was determined to make right all the wrongs he'd committed today.

Sookie was taken to the St. Mary's hospital by the ambulance and was required to stay overnight for observation. She fell asleep quickly but dreamed of the lifeguard that saved her life. 'Why am I dreaming of that arrogant bastard?'

She awoke the next morning when Amelia and Hadley walked into the tiny hospital room with coffee. "Mmmm thanks ladies. I could really use some coffee."

"Sorry honey, no coffee until they release you. How are you feeling?" Amelia asked concerned.

"Oh come on! I'm fine, there's nothing wrong with me." Sookie complained.

"Amelia stop being mean and just give her the coffee." Hadley pleaded.

"I don't know Had, she may drown on it." Amelia joked.

"Stop that right now Amelia. You know I didn't drown on purpose." Sookie scoffed.

"I don't know anything Sookie, was that your big plan? Drown and have the lifeguard save you? Have you learned nothing from me? I would've just asked to blow his whistle and been done with it." Amelia said teasingly.

"Sookie instead of throwing your top off and drowning yourself you could have used a simple pick up line." Hadley joked as Sookie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Oh I've got one!" Amelia exclaimed, "How about this, 'I'm trying to determine after years of therapy and lots of testing, whether or not I'm allergic to sex.' " All three girls erupted in laughter.

Hadley interjected and said, "How about, 'Pardon me but I was just about to go home and masturbate and I was wondering if you'd mind if I fantasized about you?' " Both Amelia and Sookie looked at each other with concern as Hadley chuckled.

Letting her down easy, Sookie replied, "I probably should not talk about masturbating with a man I do not know."

Then Amelia snorted and said, "I know, 'I hope you know CPR, cuz you take my breath away' or 'Let's take a shower together - you smell!' " Again the girls laughed until their sides hurt.

Hadley said, " How about..'Why you've got the whitest teeth I'd ever want to cum across! or I wanna spank you with a sack of kidney beans while you cover yourself in whip cream and let a horny duck named Jeff lick it off you!' "

Both Sookie and Amelia screamed "STOP!" in unision and Amelia added: "Jesus Hadley, now I know why you don't have a boyfriend nor do you date often. With pick up lines like that, you scare men away."

Unfazed by Amelia's comments, Hadley shrugged and continued to drink her coffee.

There was a soft knock on the door and Sookie called for them come in. Eric walked in wearing a white v-neck tee that fit him snug and showed off all his toned muscles. His dark wash jeans sat low on his tan hips and showed just a hint of his v where his tee stopped. His hair was in a loose pony tail and everyone could smell his masculine cologne waffling across the room. In his hands he carried a bouquet of pink lilies. He smiled as he entered.

The girls all stared at Eric with their mouths hanging open. Sookie shut her mouth and quickly remembered his cocky attitude from the day before. "What are you doing here?" She bit out as she glared at him.

Eric a little shocked by her reaction replied, "I wanted to apologize for yesterday. Is there anyway we can speak alone?"

Amelia spoke up, and grabbed Hadley's arm. "We'll be just outside. Sook call for us if you need anything." They smiled as they passed Eric. Amelia turned around at the door and sneaked a peek at Eric's ass. She looked at Sookie and fanned herself, turned around and walked out with Hadley.

Sookie tried to hold back a giggle as best she could then turned her head to look at Eric, putting her game face on. "I appreciate your apology and I wanted to thank you for rescuing me. I should have properly thanked you yesterday, but I was rather distracted." She snipped.

Eric smirked at her and replied: "Don't worry about it...it's what I'm trained to do. Name's Eric by the way." He reached out a hand.

Sighing loudly she took his hand to shake and replied: "I'm Sookie."

"Nice to meet you Sookie." Eric smiled while shaking her hand and then handed her the flowers with the other one. "These are for you. How are you feeling?"

"Umm...thank you. I'm feeling better but I'd kill for some coffee." Sookie answered holding the flowers awkwardly; thinking about where she should put them.

"Well you don't have to kill anyone. If you wanted something hot in your body, all you have to do is ask." Eric waggled his eyebrows at her and laughed.

'What the hell! Maybe I should use one of Hadley's pick up lines to get him to leave' Sookie thought. "Thanks for the offer Eric but I'd be happier with a cup of coffee. I very seriously doubt what you have to 'offer' would get rid of my caffeine headache." Sookie sneered, while she rubbed her temples.

"Oh you'd be surprised how well, what I have to offer, works on headaches." He replied with smirk and a hint of sarcasm.

"Well, I think I'll just take a cup of coffee, thank you very much." Sookie replied as she sighed in frustration. Deciding to change the subject, she asked: "So, how long have you been a lifeguard?"

"Oh for a few years now." Eric replied, not really interested in that line of discussion. He sat down on the edge of her hospital bed to get more comfortable. "So you really did not have to go through all the trouble of drowning yourself to get my attention, I'd already noticed you... you could have just come over and talked to me. I'd gladly would've given you mouth to mouth if you'd have just asked. I do prefer to do it on conscience ladies." He said, while caressing her foot on top of the blankets.

Sookie sat there gaping at him. She could not believe the bullshit that was coming out of his mouth. Sookie jerked her foot away from him, regained her composure and snapped: "I did no such thing! How dare you accuse me of doing so!"

Eric exclaimed, "What about your sexy backstroke? Please don't lie and say that little show wasn't for me!"

Changing the subject she replied: "Really? Really? So did you seriously come all the way up here to give me some flowers I don't know what to do with, listen to me tell you how much I appreciate what you did for me, give me some lame pick up line and innuendos, and then accuse me of DROWNING myself on purpose?" She said while huffing and puffing and flailing the flowers about. 'This guy is so full of himself.' she thought.

Realizing he probably said somethings he shouldn't have, Eric stood and said solemnly: "No! No...I just wanted to see how you were. I am happy you are well and now that I know...I guess I'll let you be." Without another word, he was out the door. Sookie heard a soft click of the door closing. She placed the flowers at the end of the bed, laid her head down on the pillow, stared at the ceiling and contemplated the conversation with the lifeguard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fangtasies Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Blogger Template © 2009